Summer in Lenoir has settled in with cold glasses of sweet lemonade and dining beneath the canvas of North Carolina stars. There’s so much to enjoy during this glorious season in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and an incredible array of things to do in Lenoir NC. Thankfully the days are good and long so we have plenty of time to do it all!
And luckily for us, stores like Doodle Bugs, conveniently located at 108 Main Street, make unique shopping an easy affair. Doodle bugs celebrated its grand opening on June 7th, and already local and visiting folks are handing out rave reviews: “Great selection, cute store, everything you need at awesome prices and service. Definitely recommend!”
Owner Jennifer Sime had a feeling that Lenoir would adore a children’s clothing store. She naturally included her mother, Rebecca Sime, who shares her affection for the community and the town, in her business dream. This is a four-generation family affair, customers who are discovering things to do in Lenoir NC have found Rebecca’s happy grandchildren giggling in the store.
If you want to do a little shopping for your children, your grandchildren or any special children in your life, this baby boutique store is the place to be! They have a colorful and whimsical collection of clothing and accessories mostly made in the US. Some items are even handmade with care by the Doodle Bug staff.
Here’s some of the adorable items you’ll find; of course right now the focus is summer clothing and swimwear:
- Sun dresses (size 12 months to 6x)
- Bubble outfits to beat the heat (size 6 to 24 months)
- Rare Editions adorable sets in dots and stripes
- Boys six-piece sets: two onesies, pants, socks, hats and bibs (size 3-9.5 months)
- Seersucker dresses (size 6-9 months up to 6x)
- Brother and sister Rugged Butts and Ruffled Butts matching outfits as well as Ruffled Butts Mommy and Me matching tees in four different styles
- Bodysuits (3 pack; 1 with lace tutu or a 5 pack)
- Trendy Baby Mocs—so soft and comfy!
- Holiday clothing
- Handmade burp clothes, and key chains in charming cloth prints
- Organic stuffed animals
- Teething rings, paci clips, Taggie blankets and bibs
- Mama Bear accessories and 1, 2 and 3 Cub Jewelry
- Diaper bags and utility bags
- Brushies to helpyourkids learn to care for their teeth
- Vintage children story books (Wonder Books, Rand McNally Start-Right Elf Books; as well asTell-a-Tale Books)
Don’t forget you can make your gift a little more personal with monogramming on bibs, blankets and burp cloths.
The community who call The Coves home appreciate Lenoir’s downtown and all it has to offer. When they are looking to get some shopping done for the little ones in their life, Doodle Bugs is a go-to shop–open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays 10-6, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays 10-7 and closed on Sundays. This boutique needs to be on your list of things to do in Lenoir NC. You will discover a world of unique treasures for little ones beneath their roof.
If you’re exploring the area for the first time, ask for our 84 page complimentary Western North Carolina Visitor’s Guide which provides more information about living in the foothills. Or stop by! We’d love to show you around.