Morganton Heights – Great Stores, Great Choices
Spring is right around the corner near the gated communities near Asheville. It’s time to dust off the hiking gear, plant beautiful new flowers, and take the pooch for a walk in warm, comfortable weather. The Morganton Heights shopping center is the perfect place to upgrade your outdoor equipment, build your summer wardrobe, have a delicious meal at the some of the best Morganton NC restaurants. Work up an appetite on the trails, then stop at HWY 55 for a hearty burger and fries. After a long walk around the neighborhood, take your canine to PetSmart to get groomed and pampered for an affordable price. With over 35 restaurants and retail stores, Morganton Heights has everything you need to get your spring started right.
- El Portal – The best Mexican food in the foothills. All of their dishes are meticulously prepared with an authentic, yet mild flavor. Enjoy $2.00 shots and tacos on Taco & Tequila Tuesday!
- HWY 55 – A fresh All-American diner experience with never-frozen burgers and frozen custard made in-house every day. The retro-themed chain has a 1950s soda-fountain look and every meal is served with a smile.
- China King Buffet – One of the most unique dining experiences in Morganton. Patrons can enjoy sushi, hibachi, Asian, and American cuisine all in one big All You Can Eat buffet.
- Di’Lishi Frozen Yogurt Bar – A cutting edge, fully-interactive yogurt bar where customers can creat their own tasty creations from ten different frozen yogurts and over sixty toppings ranging from fresh fruits to candies and chocolates. If you’re looking for a healthy after-dinner snack or something to satisfy your sweet tooth, Di’Lishi is the place for you.
Health and Personal Care
- Sally Beauty –The largest retailer of professional beauty supplies in the world. Looking to save a little dough by dying your hair or doing your nails at home? Sally Beauty carries the biggest brand names in beauty products and offers exceptional benefits for members.
- GNC – More than just a vitamin store. GNC has everything for your nutrition needs, including supplements, herbs, health food, protein bars, and more.
- Great Clips – A casual salon offering haircuts for adults & kids along with professional styling products for sale. Visit the friendly staff at Morganton Heights for an affordable haircut today.
Clothing and Accessories
- Kay Jewelers – The #1 specialty jewelry brand in the United States featuring engagement rings, timepieces, and designer collections. They offer services including watch & jewelry repair, resizing, diamond upgrades & trade-ins, and jewelry cleaning & inspection.
- Shoe Show – The latest in brand-name footwear and fashion. Shop women’s shoes, men’s shoes, kids’ shoes, boots, heels, sandals, handbags, and more.
- TJ Maxx – The best place to save on style. From brand-name apparel and shoes to accessories, makeup, and more – TJ Maxx has it all, and at a discounted price so you can wear the latest trends without breaking your budget.
- Walmart Supercenter – America’s favorite superstore. Save on indoor and patio furniture, artwork and frames, and tools to get your spring garden in the best shape possible.
- Mattress Firm – Great service for great sleep. Choose from a wide array of own-brand spring, memory foam, and adjustable mattresses. After you make your purchase, Mattress Firm will deliver your new bed right to your door and set it up free of charge.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – Find top brands, gear, and great deals for your sport. Dick’s carries all the equipment you need for everything from North Carolina trout fishing to hiking, swimming, and even golf.
- Jo Ann Fabrics – The largest assortment of fabric, sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet, jewelry, and other crafts under one roof. Stock up on scrapbooking materials and capture those unforgettable family memories. Have a craft night with friends and make some Do-It-Yourself décor.
- PetSmart – More than just a pet supply store. PetSmart offers quality products and accessories for a healthier, happier pet. Take your dog or cat to one of their academy-trained, safety-certified groomers for a light trim, a relaxing bath, or a deep moisturizing regimen for silkier fur.
Tucked away in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Morganton is a fun place that is full of history. Morganton was named after Brigadier General Daniel Morgan, a hero of the American Revolutionary war. The city was first named Morgansborough and changed to Morgantown before it finally became Morganton. Archaeologists discovered a historic Native American town known as Joara less than ten miles from downtown Morganton, occupied from 1400-1600 A.D. Morganton is also the setting of Master of the World, of the last novels written by French science fiction writer Jules Verne. The book describes Morganton as Verne saw it in the late 19th century.
Morganton Heights is one of the many fun places to visit in Morganton North Carolina. Dine, shop, and treat yourself to the perfect spring evening. If you’re looking for brand names at an affordable price, look no further than Morganton Heights.
Morganton is just a twenty-minute drive from The Coves Mountain River Club. We are a vibrant mountain community who provide our residents with the perfect balance between rustic comfort and endless activities set against a picturesque landscape. We know our homegrown paradise is one of the best gated communities near Asheville you find. Why not come take a tour?
If you’re exploring the area for the first time, ask for our 70 page complimentary Western North Carolina Visitor’s Guide which provides more information about living in the foothills.
Exploring the area for the first time?
Let us know & ask for our 70 page Complimentary Magazine.