Husband’s Creek Barn Ribbon Cutting
Husband’s Creek Barn, The Coves’ second on-site Equestrian Center, is now officially open and the horses have arrived! Six horses were welcomed at a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on May 8th, 2023, and they are enjoying the serene environment that they have been provided.
- Ty is a registered Appendix quarter horse. He will turn 29 years old in June, but still thinks he is a young foal! He used to be a race horse, a kids lesson horse, and a 4H horse.
- Secretariat, a miniature horse, is 34 years young. His most important role has been as a nurse maid to a newborn filly when she had to be weaned from her mother!
- Roxy, aka “The Dragon”, is a registered thoroughbred, jockey club and a granddaughter to the real Secretariat!
- Oliver, aka “Ollie”, is a 13 year old Dutch Harness pinto gelding. Formerly a cart horse, he now enjoys English Pleasure.
- Bruce is an 18 year old buckskin paint gelding. Bruce is now a trail horse
- Buddy is a quarter Arab gelding. Buddy and his owner compete in endurance events.
The Coves is celebrating the ribbon cutting of its first ever equestrian center in the area.
Seasoned equestrians, and new members of our family of horse lovers, enjoy the emotional benefits of connecting with nature, feeling a sense of freedom and taking a break from everyday worries on the trails at The Coves Mountain River Club. You’ll be in tune with your mind, body and spirit in a way you never experienced before!”
Exploring the area for the first time?
Let us know & ask for our 70 page Complimentary Magazine.