Caldwell County Welcomes Dozens of New Businesses in 2017
It’s no surprise Caldwell County is gaining the reputation of being the place to live the good life. This past year has brought continued growth to the vibrant region, ensuring Lenoir, Hickory and Morganton as being the prime mountain towns in North Carolina for so many.
Caldwell County has so much to offer those who live in gated communities near Asheville NC, from the laid-back life style, to the mild four season weather that enhances the beauty of the landscape. But the list doesn’t end there. The towns in this region are graced with a cosmopolitan vibe, offering a variety of things to do in Lenoir NC.
And all of these perks are enhanced by a low cost of living as well as a convenient central location near Charlotte, Asheville and Winston-Salem! It’s no wonder so many entrepreneurs and businesses are selecting this prime location as well as people who are longing to live a pleasurable lifestyle.
Here are some of the new businesses of 2017 that the community in the mountain towns in North Carolina celebrate as a promising new year approaches:
• Dunkin’ Donuts; Wilkesboro Boulevard and Lower Creek Drive; this Lenoir site will open in mid-to-late 2018; the convenient location was chosen since it’s close to Smith Crossroads—an area with great growth. This will be a full-service Dunkin’ Donuts, with a drive-thru and will provide jobs to 20-30 people. Three more Dunkin’ Donut stores are opening in Hickory, Marion and Morganton.
• Chick-Fil-A; 116 Wilkesboro Blvd SE, Lenoir; the grand opening recognized its first 100 customers last February who were eager to taste the delicious chicken sandwiches, strips and nuggets, as well as the salads and sides.
• Healthy Home Market; 1208 Hickory Boulevard, in the old Just$ave Foods building; a grocer promoting health and specialty foods.
• Dairy Queen– 344 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir; this nostalgic franchise is the first in North Carolina.
• Hampton Inn and Suites; Wilkesboro Boulevard, Lenoir. This will be a four-story hotel and projected completion is early 2018 for those who are looking for a comfortable night’s sleep while away from home.
• White Tire Center; corner of Pennton and Harper in Lenoir in the old Firestone Service Center.
• Honda Motorcycle, ATV Dealership; 4625 Hickory Boulevard; expected to be open by early 2018, and will be the only Honda Powerhouse Level 5 dealership in NC. “The company initially will have 15 employees, with projected growth to 30 employees within two years of opening. Along with motorcycles, ATVs, and side by sides, the business will also offer lawn equipment, generators, street and trail bikes, and a large selection of used models.”
• Golden Ticket Cinemas LLC Movie Theater; Morganton Boulevard, Lenoir. The first movie planned this winter is the new Star Wars movie. Golden Ticket will intends show first-run movies on two screens. Complete renovation of the theater—seats, curtains, lighting, and sound.
• Bargain Hunt; a discount merchandise retailer, offering clothing, shoes, electronics and other items. The store is located in the Lenoir Festival Shopping Center at 330 Blowing Rock Blvd.
• The RiverCrest Medical Park, located off U.S. 321 across from Walmart in Granite Falls on 160 Riverbend Drive; comprehensive medical practices and specialists, the site also hosts a PLUS Urgent Care.
Products and Services:
• Blue Ridge Energy— 1216 Blowing Rock Blvd., offering electric, propane and fuels and appliances.
• 80 Acres Farm–expanded in the former Hollin Gate Building on York View Court in Granite Falls; hydroponic farming operation.
• Ryan-Al Doors Systems; Clover Drive and U.S. 321; specialty manufacturer of fiberglass doors moved from Zhejiang, China to Lenoir; expected to create 53 jobs. The building once had been used for furniture manufacturing but in recent years has mainly been used for storage, owner Bob Greene told the Commerce team.
• Aiken Controls; moved and expanded from Realty Street to West Avenue, Lenoir; designs control panels for manufacturing machinery.
2017 was an incredibly successful year for Caldwell County, and 2018 promises to deliver more positive growth for the folks who call the mountain towns in North Carolina home. When you find yourself with some free time to discover things to do in Lenoir NC, make sure you place Caldwell County on the top of your list.
Perhaps you’re considering relocating to the gated communities near Asheville, like The Coves longing for a outdoor lifestyle, and more space with a spectacular mountain view, from the foothills to the High Country, as well as an unending source of cultural stimulation to ensure your finger’s on the pulse of what’s current.
Caldwell County honors tradition while continuing to move forward. Stroll the streets of these quaint towns and you’ll find the perfect blend of art, history and entertainment. The friendly folks here adore keeping busy with things to do in Lenoir NC, and the many annual events are proof of their spirit—bluegrass jams, festivals and celebrations happen throughout the year. Soak up the good life and the old fashioned vibe in Caldwell County. Come and visit– see for yourself what an affordable and sweet life could be yours too.
If you’re exploring the area for the first time, ask for our 70 page complimentary Western North Carolina Visitor’s Guide which provides more information about living in the foothills.
Exploring the area for the first time?
Let us know & ask for our 70 page Complimentary Magazine.