In the last decade, what used to be considered the “slow season” in real estate – the fall and winter months – has undergone a dramatic change. We’ve all become accustomed to using the internet to shop for whatever we want, regardless of the time of year, and exploring mountain land for sale in Lenoir North Carolina, is no exception. In fact, there are some distinct advantages to buying NC mountain property when the weather has turned cooler:
- Seeing The Lay Of The Land – After foliage has dropped from the trees, you’ll have a much better view of any special attributes the property may have. Streams, waterfalls, outcroppings, picturesque granite rocks, historic trees, etc., are likely more visible. This additional perspective will help you decide how best to position your house on the lot to capture the natural sunlight.
- Evaluating The Views and Sounds – What you see from inside during the winter will differ greatly from how things look when the leaves have returned. Take this into account when planning the layout of your mountain home and placement of the windows. Although weather in the foothills is mild throughout the year, we do see a difference in our beautiful foliage as the seasons change. Long range views become more dramatic, valleys more intriguing and tree formations more majestic. With less foliage on the trees, the sounds of a waterfall or flowing mountain stream are better heard.
- Alleviating Concerns About Winter Access – Looking at mountain homes during the winter can reassure you that there won’t be any severe weather-related problems that affect may your ability to get in and out of your property. We don’t receive a lot of heavy snow here, but with some buyers, the image persists of being isolated by major snow drifts and unplowed roads in the mountains. Not at The Coves. There’s no better way to see how little and short lived the snow covers the region than a visit during the peak of the winter.
- Exposing Flaws – During the winter months, you’ll have an opportunity to view your home’s future surroundings in a considerably different light from that of a warm summer day as the earth’s rotation changes the position of the sunrise and sunset. Maybe you don’t want the afternoon sun blaring in your kitchen window in the winter. Choosing the right homesite can easily eliminate issues like that.
- Maximizing Cross-Ventilation – Winter winds often come from a different direction from those during the summer months. Experiencing that pattern change can help you orient your house to take the best advantage of year-round breezes. When there’s less foliage on the trees, the wind will pass through more freely, and walking the property will give you a feel for where the source will be.
- Maximizing Sunlight – When looking at mountain land for sale in Lenoir North Carolina, keep in mind that as our hardwood trees lose their leaves, they’ll allow more sun to reach your house. Pines and other conifers will block it year-round. So being on the property in the winter months gives you a much better idea of what kind of windows would be best and where to place them. It’s also useful to remember that living on the north side of a steep hill limits the amount of winter sunshine you will get.
- Your Overall Experience – Finally, it’s very pleasant to be looking at NC mountain property when the air is crisp and cooler. Leaves crunching under your feet makes one feel closer to Mother Nature. During the holiday season, there’s a special kind of spirit that infuses the foothills area and its people. You get a real sense of why this is such a great place to live during the winter months too. Sometimes all the convincing you need is a friendly wave and a mug of hot apple cider.
At The Coves Mountain River Club, we can offer you a wide choice of cozy and spacious home sites, from wooded lots close to the golf course to cul-de-sac properties with long-range mountain views to lovely land overlooking pastures and creeks to acreage on the Johns River. Check out our distinctive and innovative mountain homes.
Plan now to visit us here in Lenoir during the upcoming holiday season. This is a magical time in our small mountain towns, and we’re sure you’ll love being part of it. The spectacular views, the mild, four-season climate, the culture, the outdoor activities… These are just some of the reasons families have decided to buy mountain land for sale in Lenoir North Carolina at The Coves Mountain River Club.
If you’re exploring the area for the first time, ask for our 84 page complimentary Western North Carolina Visitor’s Guide which provides more information about living in the foothills.