At The Coves, we embrace many aspects of fine living, and lucky for all of us who have found our spectacular Carolina mountain properties, a region makes this all so easy. With many seasonal Cook-Offs annually, there are plenty of delicious opportunities to come together with friends, family and neighbors with one simple goal—to enjoy the food you adore most, and while you’re at it—let others come to appreciate your culinary skills.
If you are feeling a bit of spring fever and find yourself looking for things to do in Lenoir NC, The Coves Italian Cook-Off, a Taste of Italy, is right around the corner on March 18 at 1pm in the afternoon. If you haven’t experienced an old-fashioned Cook-Off, it’s an incredible way to gather and share conversation and amazing food—whether you want to show off your own talents in the kitchen, or you simply long to taste what others create. There’s nothing like a little bit of sweet competition to bring out the best culinary creations. Who knows…you may leave not only with a satiated appetite but with a prize.
Those of us who have settled down after choosing the perfect parcel of NC mountain land for sale already have a good idea of the welcoming community at The Coves. Our Italian Cook-Off provides even more joy and togetherness. Italians believe in sharing their meals and taking their time while doing so—a pace of relaxation we share at The Coves. Mark the date on your calendar and forget about your other obligations for the afternoon. As soon as you take in the aromas of fresh bread and marina sauce, you won’t have a care in the world.
Is a trip to Italy is on your bucket list? Perhaps you’ve already experienced an amazing Italian vacation, traveling through Florence, Venice or Rome, basking in the rich culture–the art, architecture and food and wine. There’s such diversity in Italian cuisine–from the north, the hearty polenta, risotto, fish, potatoes, rice sausages, pork and cheeses, pasta with tomatoes, or stuffed pasta. In the south, they also blend in capers, peppers, olives, artichokes, eggplant and fresh ricotta cheese. There’s no surprise that those of us who celebrate life every day on our Carolina mountain properties, also love to celebrate the art of Italian food. Come and celebrate life at The Coves over your favorite Italian creation, main dish, side dish or dessert while live music creates an even richer environment for all of those who gather.
No matter the region of our country or the world, food bring us together as communities, as families or close-knit friends. Upcoming culinary events, cook-offs and things to do in Lenoir NC to celebrate life—food, and the precious time we spend together:
• A Taste of Italy—March 18, 2017, 1-4 pm, The Coves Mountain River Club; Lenoir, NC; Pisgah Mountain Lodge with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Grandfather Mountain, Table Rock, Hawks Bill, and the Wilson Creek Gorge. Please RSVP to email@example.com or 828-754-0700 and prepare your most raved-about Italian dish
• Annual Rib Cook-Off—June 17, 2017, 1-4 pm, The Coves Mountain River Club; Lenoir, NC;
Pisgah Mountain Lodge is the backdrop for our infamous Rib Cook-Off. The competition gets more fierce every year. Bring the ribs that make your family flock home or create an awesome side dish for all to share.
• Side Dish Cook-Off—August 19, 1-4 pm, The Coves Mountain River Club; Lenoir, NC; Pisgah Mountain Lodge; this is the time and place to bring in your Grandmother’s secret dressing, or your own creative side in a friendly competition that will make your mouth water before you’ve tasted a bite. We’re never too old to develop a new fondness for a side dish prepared a fresh way, and this is your chance to sample the best.
• Fall Colors Celebration & Chowder Cook-Off—October 14, 2017; 1-4 pm; The Coves Mountain River Club; Lenoir, NC; Pisgah Mountain Lodge. There is no better way to celebrate fall than to cook up a big batch of hearty chowder for your friends and neighbors. Live Music accompanies this annual affair, and of course prizes for the most delicious chowder.
• Annual Chili and Apple Pie Cook-Off—December 2017–to be announced…
Comfort food at its best—hearty chili followed by sweet apple pie. Live music and prizes to make the celebration more festive. Cook up your best batch of chili and bake those apple pies to compete and share.
Our neighborhood cook-offs and culinary events are among the fabulous ways we find things to do in Lenoir NC. Spend an afternoon with other friendly folks who live on their Carolina mountain properties, share a glass of wine, or your precious family recipes passed down through the generations–all while sharing mountain tales and laughter.
Come and visit The Coves Mountain River Club, perfectly located in the Blue Ridge Mountain’s scenic foothills. If you are searching for NC mountain land for sale, you’ll find it here. The events and celebrations that take place at Pisgah Mountain Lodge, like our fabulous cook-offs, offer a warm glimpse into how incredible life could be living in Lenoir, NC. Our Pisgah Mountain Lodge clubhouse provides stunning and elevated views of mountain ranges in every direction. While you’re visiting, be sure to take in all the other amenities at The Coves—the equestrian center, the well-tended community gardens, stroll the hiking trails and make sure you plan to view one of the four private waterfalls and parks.
We have a variety of property available in a range of accommodating prices–with homesites that would be the ideal spot to build a mountain cabin, mountaintop parcels for those who want to feel they are on top of the world, and larger properties for those who plan to spend their days riding on the extensive and secluded trails. Property prices begin in the low $30k range. The Coves blends community friendliness with nature, and is in close proximity to four quaint mountain towns where you can explore, treasure hunt and explore the rich history.
Clear your calendar and let our celebrations make your search for NC mountain land for sale more fun!
Call us to RSVP and visit at 828.754.0700.