There’s something magical about moving to a new place. It’s a brand new chapter, and a chance to start over – but it isn’t always easy. Once you’ve moved to your dream location in one of the beautiful mountain towns in North Carolina, at first, it could be difficult to adjust. How do you get settled into the next phase of your life?
Connecting to the local community is the fastest way to adjust and feel plugged in. Local meet-ups provide the best opportunities for residents to make new friends who share common interests. Finding a group of hiking buddies or gal pals who love yoga will help you get settled, feel comfortable, and ultimately help you thrive in your new community. Of course we have all sorts of ways to meet your neighborhoods here at The Coves but we thought you might like to know about a few health oriented local meet-ups in our area:
· Yoga With Allison. Upcoming Meet Ups: Every two weeks on Tuesday. Where: North Minister Presbyterian Church – North Center St. (Hwy 127) Time: 6:15pm Members: 33
· Taylorsville Yoga Meetup. Upcoming Meet Ups: Lunchbreak Yoga. Every week on Tuesday and Friday. Where: Therapeutic Effects. 130 Main Avenue Dr. Time: 12:15pm.
· New Age Fitness. Upcoming Meetups: Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 6pm. Where: 920 Malcom Blvd. Members: 309.
· MST In a Day. The last meet-up was on September 9th, 2017. Where: Black Mountain Campground on FS472 (South Toe River Road) to BRP (MP 344) and NC 80 (Buck Creek Gap). Time: 7:00am. Members: 127
· Hikers of Iredell Club. Upcoming Meet Ups: Every fourth Thursday of the month. Where: Trinity Episcopal Church. 801 Henkel Road. Time: 7:00pm. Members: 136.
· Foothills Outdoor & Recreational Group. Upcoming Meet Ups: EASY PADDLE John’s River at the Corpening Bridge to Hwy 18 /64 Saturday October 14, 2017 at 11:00am Members: 187.
· First Step Hiking For Women. The next big hike scheduled is on Friday, April 6, 2018 10:00 AM AT Section Hike (Difficult/Strenuous) Members: 297.
Meetup dot com’s website is a fantastic resource to meet people with like minded interests but don’t forget, you never have to leave our mountain community for exciting day adventures.
Enjoy a day of riverside hiking along the Johns River or splashing in Coleton’s Swimming Hole. Kick back and sip wine while strolling through Evelyn’s Vineyard, and harvest your own fruits and veggies in Isabel’s Garden, The Coves two community gardens.
Equestrians have the luxury of boarding their horses right at home at our Round Mountain Ranch, where services include veterinary services and riding lessons, and ride them along scenic trails. The crown of The Coves is no doubt the mountaintop Pisgah Mountain Lodge will stunning long range mountain views, an infinity-view swimming pool, fitness center and entertainment area. Community events take place here every week. Ask us to send you the upcoming calendar.
If you’re exploring Western North Carolina real estate, look no further than The Coves Mountain River Club. We offer a wide variety of types of topography and price points. Our preferred builders and design team will gladly assist you in choosing a homesite that compliments your house blueprint. If you’re not sure what style home you’d like, be sure to explore more than a dozen builder floor plans in our collection to pair up with the NC mountain land for sale at The Coves.
If you’re exploring the area for the first time, ask for our 84 page complimentary Western North Carolina Visitor’s Guide which provides more information about living in the foothills.